Noon.com is the UAE’s second most popular e-commerce website. Hundreds of thousands of people make purchases on this fantastic platform every day. If you are interested in reaching those customers and selling on noon.com, you first need to complete a few simple steps to get up and running.
Since it was launched in 2016, noon.com has become a go-to place for brands selling everything from textiles to technology, sports to health & beauty products, electronics and even food & drinks. A huge range of company types sell on noon.com, ranging from major international brands through to medium-sized retailers and even small ‘one-man-band’ businesses. You can sell through one of the following three models:
- Wholesale: This is mainly reserved for well-known brands which sell their products direct to noon.com, who then offer them through their website.
- Marketplace fulfilled by noon.com: In this model, the seller sends products to fulfilment centres and noon.com then picks, packs and ships the product to the customer.
- Marketplace back-to-back model: In this model, the seller lists their products on noon.com and then also sends them to noon.com for order fulfilment to the end customer.
Opening up a seller account with noon.com is relatively easy, but it requires you to complete a few key steps before you go ahead. Let’s see how to sell on noon.com and make your e-commerce adventure a success
Advantages of becoming a seller on noon.com
As the UAE’s second biggest e-commerce platform, and with millions of customers visiting the site every day, selling on noon.com is a great opportunity. Whether you’re a major international brand, a drop seller or someone with a bricks and mortar store looking to start selling online, here are some of the top benefits of selling on noon.com:
- Reach millions of customers: noon.com allows you to get your products in front of millions of customers who might not hear about or see them otherwise.
- Gain customer trust: Consumers trust websites like noon.com so they will be happy to buy products through this platform. On the other hand, they may be less confident buying from websites that they haven’t previously heard of.
- Grow your brand: It is vital for brands to be visible in places that shoppers now visit to buy products and services. Even big established brands need a presence on leading ecommerce environments like noon.com – because otherwise customers will buy from their competitors instead.
- Get an online presence: Selling on noon.com gives your company an online presence. This can be really helpful for companies that may not otherwise have resources to set up a website. By selling through a noon.com account you will have access to an easy-to-use portal where you can sell products fast. You won’t need to build your own e-commerce website, and will therefore save a lot of time and money.
- Minimal costs: The costs of selling on noon.com are relatively low (they take a small percentage on different types of products). You don’t even need to have your own warehouse for storage as noon.com’s fulfilment centres and warehouses can do it for you.
- Reach new markets: noon.com is continually expanding and is currently present in three countries, with plans to grow its presence further afield.
- Great support: noon.com provides plenty of great features to support sellers with many different marketing options that can help you boost sales – including sales trackers, ad campaigns, daily deals and much more besides.
Steps to get a company license to open a store on noon.com
To sell on noon.com you will first need a company licence. Start this process by setting up your company’s profile on noon.com. If you don’t already have an e-commerce license in the UAE, you’ll need to apply for one from the Department of Economic Development or apply with your Free Zone. The e-commerce licence permits you to sell products online, including through platforms like noon.com.
The steps for getting a company license to open a store on noon.com are:
- Select your jurisdiction (mainland or Free Zone)
- Choose a legal structure
- Register your company’s trading name
- Complete an e-commerce license application
- Apply for visas (for yourself and staff)
- Open a business bank account
Cost of company license for a noon.com store
The cost of getting a company licence for a noon.com store will depend on your specific business model, the company size, number of employees and visas you need, and whether you are in a Free Zone or on the mainland. Generally speaking, to get an e-commerce licence in the UAE, you can expect to pay somewhere between AED 15,000 and AED 50,000.
Besides the fee for the e-commerce licence, you will also have to pay a fee to noon.com each time you sell a product through the website. These fees vary depending on the category of product – which can be anywhere from as little as 4%, up to 27%. There may also be a storage fee for different kinds of goods if you’re using noon.com’s warehouses.
How long will it take to open my store on noon.com?
There is no set time for which it will take to open your store on noon.com. This is because each business is different, and the platform has slightly different requirements for different product categories.
In theory, it can take as little as 24 hours to have your application approved and get your store set up. That being said it can take longer – up to a month or more is not uncommon.
What documents are required to become a seller on noon.com?
If you are thinking of becoming a seller on noon.com, there are several documents you will need to get set up. First of all, you will need to be registered as a company in the UAE, Saudi Arabia or Egypt.
Assuming you’re based in the UAE, here are the documents and processes that are required:
- Create a seller account on noon.com where you will describe the kind of products you will be offering, agree to terms and conditions and set up your store front.
- Get an e-commerce licence in the United Arab Emirates. This includes your trading licence for commercial registration.
- If you are VAT registered, you must upload a copy of your paperwork.
- If you aren’t VAT registered, you’ll need to display your non-enrolment documents.
- Provide a copy of your passport or resident’s ID.
- Foreign nationals must upload a copy of their residence visas.
- If you are selling health and beauty products you will need to upload copies of the proof of purchase plus a distribution authorisation letter or a manufacturer permit.
Ways to make money from noon.com
There are several things you can do to increase your profits on noon.com. These include:
- Advertisements on-site within noon.com.
- Social media (you can pay to have your products featured on noon.com’s social media pages).
- Search engine optimization – use keywords in your noon.com product descriptions.
- Use the noon.com Seller Lab, which provides training and tutorials as well as tools to improve how you sell on noon.com.
- Use Win my Box – which is a feature on noon.com that means if multiple sellers are selling the same product, the seller with the best price and reviews is chosen to sell the product.
- Monitor your sales using the price and stock intelligence report.
- Use the various deal events.
Can I sell on noon.com?
If your company is registered in the UAE, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or Egypt and has a valid trading licence, you can sell your products on noon.com.
Why work with Worldwide Formations?
Worldwide Formations is a highly experienced business formation company in the UAE. We help companies like yours with every step of setting up a business in free zones, on the mainland and offshore. Our highly experienced consultants can walk you through every stage of selling on noon.com, including getting your business registered for an e-commerce license.
For support setting up on noon.com, contact Worldwide Formations today.